Every day across the healthcare sector in England more than a million decisions are made that have a profound and lasting impact on people’s lives and which influence the quality of healthcare and the cost of services.
CILIP and Health Education England (HEE) are campaigning for decisions in the healthcare sector to be fully evidence-based, calling on government and health service providers to employ and make use of the skills of librarians and knowledge specialists in meeting their obligations under The Health and Social Care Act 2012.
You can see how people have been getting involved so far by searching the #AMillionDecisions hashtag on Twitter.
On Tuesday 19th September at 8pm, we go online to talk about the campaign, how you are getting involved and what can be done to support you to promote it.
We’ll structure the chat around the following questions:
- How are you engaging with the #AMillionDecisions campaign?
- What examples of impact are you using to promote the campaign?
- Are you connecting with and promoting The Health and Social Care Act 2012, if so, how?
- What is the value of connecting into your professional body around advocacy and this campaign?
- What support is needed to drive the value of this campaign strategically in your Trust?
- How might the #AMillionDecisions campaign be useful to you?
- Where do we take this from here?