MLA Competencies and CILIPs PKSB for Health
June’s chat will be focused on two professional development tools, the Medical Libraries Association’s Competencies and the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professional’s Professional and Knowledge Skills Base for Health.
Both documents are for you to use to highlight any areas that might require further professional developments and assess which areas you are particularly strong in. But are these documents helpful? Do you feel they reflect the demands of the profession? We’ll be following these questions during the course of the chat:
- Have you recently used a professional development tool? If so, which one? And, how?
- What are the benefits of the MLA competencies?
- Is there anything missing from the MLA competencies?
- What are the benefits of the CILIP PKSB for health?
- Does it cover everything that medical information professionals need?
- Do these tools inspire you to fill in any knowledge gaps or fill you with dread about what more you should be doing?
Join us on Tuesday 20th June at 8pm on Twitter using the hashtag #ukmedlibs to discuss these professional development tools.