#UKMedlibs chat on Tuesday 21st March at 8pm.
Building on the more general themes of previous #ukmedlibs chats of work resolutions and productivity, we now take a look at the theme of difficult people.
There is no doubt that we find difficult people in all walks of life, whether at home, at school, while shopping, or at work. When it comes to meeting them at work, they could be library users, colleagues (in the library and outside), managers, or vendors. So we’d like you to consider the following questions:
NB: speak in general terms please, no names mentioned please as twitter is a public forum
- Have you come across difficult people at work? How does it affect the workplace?
- Can you give an example of a situation with a difficult person and how you handled it?
- How can you support your colleagues if the difficult person is a team member?
- Do you have any tips for dealing with that difficult person in a training session?
- How do you deal with difficult library users?
- What advice would you offer someone dealing with a difficult person for the first time?
- Is this something that training should be offered in?
Just one word of caution…if you don’t come across difficult people….perhaps you ARE the difficult person (tongue firmly in cheek!)